Monday, October 27, 2014

Third Meeting

This day was bad enough to start off. I had a bit of conflict with my boyfriend because he was not that supportive of this trip. I felt he was uncomfortable. But I assured him there was nothing to worry about.

Cherry and I had to wake up as early as 3AM to go to Moalboal. I was uneasy. I thought about going back to the city but I just can't abandon my CouchSurfing friends. That would be rude and irresponsible. So, I went to Moalboal anyway. I tried reaching my boyfriend but I started to sense he doesn't want to talk. I am not clingy to I let him. I gave him space. I focused all my attention on the trip. I was looking forward to this for days and now that I am here, I am going to make the most of it.

We had an amazing island hopping despite the jellyfish sting on my legs. Snorkeling in Moalboal was astounding but not as great as El Nido. We finished early, around 10AM. None of us had any food so after we left the boat, our first task was to find a restaurant. We found this nearby restaurant in HK Resort. We are all tired from swimming and for all the other activities we did in the past two days. So sitting there in the restaurant was good time to relax. The four us were chatting and then suddenly, a man with a big smile appeared on my right side. He had a big smile and I was like, "Oh my God! It's you again!". I was genuinely happy. What are the odds!? He asked if he could join us for lunch and we agreed, of course. We started talking about travel stories. He is fun and chatty. For the most part, I was actually glad that he joined us, we needed someone to pacify Toni. To be honest, I didn't listen to most of his stories, I could only look at his eyes, my God, I was mesmerized. His eyes are so blue and beautiful. I was lost just by looking at it. And then finally, the moment I've been waiting for, I can't help but asked his name. He said, "Olivier but you can call me Oliver, it is easier.". Finally! My mind is at peace knowing his name.we continued talking about more random things. The food arrived. Then, to my surprise, he asked for all our Facebook names and emails. I was like, "Oh wow, yey!". So I went to the counter and asked for paper and pen. I also asked for his personal email just in case our Facebook names won't work. We would have spent a lot more time talking but Toni wanted to leave because of the waterfalls. We agreed as we don't have the luxury of time. We parted ways but I'm quite happy because I now have his Facebook name. But that's it. Nothing more. I was in a relationship this time so I can't be more than friends with him. Like I have chance, ha!

So moved to the waterfalls. I saw him, riding his motorbike. He is so cool. But I told myself, "I can't be with a guy a like that. Not only because I have a boyfriend already but he might be a womanizer. He has been travelling for years, he might have girlfriends everywhere!"

So the four of us went to Kawasan Falls. We had a lot of fun going on a raft and go below the waterfalls. We also went to the second falls where everyone swinged like Tarzan on the rope. It was awesome. Just around 5PM, we went back to the main road. I saw a friend request from "Olivier Poncelet". This must be him. I accepted without hesitation.